As usual, Moab came and went way too fast. We usually have 4 vehicles in our little entourage, but this year, only 2 jeeps went. We didn't have enough seats to take everyone on a Super Saturday trail, so we opted out and took Kyles and Rorys 4-wheelers instead. We're super famous for flying by the seat of our pants or "just winging it", which usually results in spontaneous adventures. Not so much this trip. We'd spend hours trying to figure out what to do and just end up on wheelers, at the pool, or on a 2 hour drive through a burned down forrest, which I'm pretty sure took us into Colorado a little bit. I totally missed having Tyler's family there. Tyler is the craziest and yet most rational of all of the Scott's. He can seriously talk you into or out of just about anything.
 |
| Parker after his gravel face plant. Doesn't he look so tough? |
 |
| Sweet little Phoenix. She did so well this year! She climbed all the way to the top of the sand hill and wouldn't let anyone help her |
 |
| This is Adrie on the "Scenic" drive through the twisted, motion-sickness inducing, directionless drive. No one forced me into the car, so I can only blame myself, but I assure you that I have learned my lesson. |
 |
On Saturday afternoon, we went and played around on Steelbender for a few hours. We had forgotten how tough, but fun that trail is and I think we decided on that trail next year. Kasey had me drive for a bit and it wasn't nearly as scary as driving the spot on Poison Spider that I tried last year.
As is every year, but the time Sunday rolled around, we were all sick of each other and we all wanted to kill each other. Kasey swore that we wouldn't be going next year...
ah, another succesfull Scott family vacation. |
No comments:
Post a Comment