Yay for Kellie to get me a ticket to the movie the day before it came out at 8:00pm! I just don't know if I could do a midnight showing these days. It was very much worth the $13 ticket.So The Hunger Games is another book-turned-movie franchise. It is just getting it start at the end of the Twilight era. I am a total Twi-hard, mind you. I loved the books and tolerated the acting in the rediculously cheesy film adapations. The only thing that Twilight and The Hunger Games have in common is the girl caught between two dudes problem. I will take this moment to voice my side on team Peeta. I can argue my point later. Jennifer Lawrence plays the PERFECT Katniss. And Willow Shields as Prim surprised me. She has such a small role in this film, but she totally made me cry! Luckily Sarah brought tissues since she cried while reading the book. I cannot rave enough about the emotions that these two young ladies portrayed. Every character that was cast totally fits the character descriptions in the book. Too bad Cato had to die, He's a stone fox.
I wish that there could've been a little more attention to the relationship between Peeta and Katniss going back to the burned bread, but that's just for the sake of those who haven't read the books. It leaves a few holes. Having read the books, it all made sense to me. I thought it was filmed very tastefully, considering the muderous content. A few of the scenes were very shaky and made me sick to watch, but it's better than seeing it clearly, I guess.Can't wait to see it again and again. 4.5 stars
No comments:
Post a Comment