I have been shooting photography for nearly 6 years now and I still get way nervous before a photoshoot! If I am photographing children, I worry that they won't be happy or cooperative (probably because that's usually the case when I'm taking my own kids' photos). I worry that the weather will suck. Most of all, I worry that I will not be creative enough to get a big enough variety of shots for my customers, especially if I am shooting at a location that is new to me. I always go to the location 20-30 minutes early to "case" the place.
However, when all is said and done, I am always pleased with the results. My customers return for other photoshoots and refer me to their families and friends, which I am totally grateful for.
I am grateful for other photographers who give me advice and suggestions for new locations. I love to look at the work of others to get ideas and inspiration.
I shoot for fun and my profits pay for new props and equipment. I won't ever do it as a business because then, I doubt I'd love it as much. I feel like I'm getting better each time I shoot and I know I haven't learned all that my camera has to offer.
1 comment:
You sound just like me Randy!! You couldn't have put it any better for myself too!
I think you are a wonderful photographer and I love to see your work when you post it on Facebook. I'm a bit of a photographer stocker... hehe ;)
I am the same as you... I don't ever want to go into full business with my photography because I know I won't enjoy it as much. I did that with my scrapbooking and I struggled doing my own family scrapbooking. Thankfully I slowed WAY down on my scrapbook "business" and mainly do it when I WANT to. It feels good to have it as a hobby again. Same with Photography... I don't do weddings at the moment because I get too much anxiety. I want to enjoy taking pictures, not make myself sick.
You really are a beautiful photographer and I look forward to seeing more from you!!
Post a Comment