Remember, as far as everyone knows, we are a nice, normal family...

Remember, as far as everyone knows, we are a nice, normal family...

Wednesday, March 16, 2011

Phoenix

I've shared Parkers story and the story of Kasey and me, but what about Phoenix? Phoenix was our first little miracle. It took us 2 years to become pregnant with her and when we found out that she was (another) girl, her Grandpa Kevin was overjoyed. (There were 6 granddaughters and only 2 grandsons on this side at the time, and this is a family of hunters). Phoenix was due Oct. 9, 2008, but she was born Sept. 19, weighing a whopping 5lb 4oz. She has been tiny her whole life. At 2 1/2, she has finally made it onto the charts, in the 1% percentile. I could not be more proud of my little beaner. She already knows her "ABCDs", colors, shapes, is potty trained, and can count to 10 by herself, 20 with a little assistance. She picks up EVERYTHING she hears and is a great conversationalist. She loves Mater, Woody, and her babies. She loves to go to church and see "the friends" every week. Phoenix loves her mommy, but no one holds a candle to daddy's flame. She is exactly like I was when I was little. She is a dancin fool, She talks all the time, is pretty sassy, and quite bossy. But I was a good kid over all so I will be lucky if she turns out as awesome as I did. And humble, too.


No comments: