Remember, as far as everyone knows, we are a nice, normal family...

Remember, as far as everyone knows, we are a nice, normal family...

Saturday, March 19, 2011

Arts & Crafts time

Check out my "Peeps" wreath! So, my decor shelf was lookin a little bare. My "SPRING" letters are about all I have to display, so I started looking for some spring decor ideas online and I came across a wreath made out of blue, yellow, and pink peeps. I have never liked peeps, but I thought it was super cute, so I shared the idea with my sister-in-law, Kellie, who is a little more than into peeps and wreaths. It took her about 2 seconds to get on board and she came over to create her own masterpeice alongside me. (Hers is pink, purple and yellow). Pretty much any color combination looks good (except red), but I wouldn't recommend more than 3 colors. It looks way too busy and may cause a seizure.













My niece, Rylee had her 6th birthday party this weekend. I saw this cute idea on some random blog (except they just did blue and yellow for a boy scout theme) I figured I could do it with any, or in this case, EVERY, color. They turned out so much cuter than I could've planned! I meant for them to be kind of swirly, but they are layered and I love them! So I'm not really super creative with original ideas, but I stole them from other people and I thought I'd pass them along. I also have a super cute, square wreath in the works for my door, which I will share with you once it comes true.

1 comment:

A Tale of Two Scott's. said...

Larve it all!! I'm going to do a post about my peep wreath too! Mmmhmmm! I love my peeps!